Regional Sales Manager – Professional Aviation Associates
Position Summary – Reporting to the Vice-President and General Manager, the Senior Sales Manager is responsible for developing and driving sales of PAA’s product line distribution business in the aviation aftermarket. The position is responsible for growing existing large accounts and generating incremental business for new accounts. This requires a comprehensive set of actions for success including all business and statistical elements relating to territory and demographics strategy, networking, developing new relationships, sales positioning, managing sales pipeline, winning sales, sales support and customer support. In addition, this person will stay engaged in the day-to-day activities of new accounts as required. It is expected that this person develops new high-margin revenue opportunities by creating high value-added opportunities with prospects and customers. Continuously monitors account statistics and performance and takes action as required. Supports the Director of Sales in the development and execution of sales strategies and plans for market penetration, increased market share and maximum profit generation.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop strategies to systemically acquire new leads and customers
- Apt and comfortable in applying sophisticated and professional sales execution tactics including customer profiling, probing, clear definition of needs, creative solutions, negotiations and closing sales.
- Maintains and manages sales pipeline in CRM tool (Salesforce.com)
- Understands market dynamics and the competitive landscape and navigates accordingly
- Quickly engages and creates common interest and relationships with customers
- Remain fluent on company product and services offerings. Understands cost, price, certification/airworthiness, availability and export compliance.
- Drives to meet or exceed sales and margin targets
- Collects and reports market and competition intel.
- Proficient with MS office and experienced with ERP platforms
- Identifies, quantifies, communicates and capitalizes on new market opportunities
- Displays strong business discipline, insight and ethics
- Makes logical, founded and balanced business decisions
- Travels to and visits with customers and partners to be able to anticipate their future business requirements
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Negotiation Skills – Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Presentation Skills – Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Business Administration, Aviation Management, or Engineering
Experience: Minimum 5 years of aviation aftermarket sales experience with a proven track-record of success and consistent strong sales performance. Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft parts.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, OneNote). Basic working knowledge of ERP platform such as Quantum Component Control and industry databases such as JetNet and AWIN Forecasting tools. Ability to navigate and model datasets in MS excel is imperative.
Other Requirements: Ability to read and understand aircraft, Airframe, and component technical publications, illustrated parts catalogs, and component maintenance manuals.
Capacity to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Working knowledge of lean/six sigma concepts and continuous improvement techniques.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to multi-task and make good decisions.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity up to 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
|Stand||O||10 lbs or less||O|
|Manually Manipulate||O||50-100 lbs||N|
|Reach Outward||O||Over 100 lbs||N|
|Reach Above Shoulder||O|
|Crawl||N||12 lbs or less||O|
|Squat or Kneel||N||13-25 lbs||O|
Other Physical Requirements
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Safety glasses and closed-toe shoes are mandatory in shop areas.
Primarily in an office environment with frequent use of transportation means such as automobiles, trains and airliners. Occasional visits to shop/hangar areas.