Government Sales Representative – NAVAIR
SUMMARY: Responsible for increasing maintenance and avionics sales for Summit Aviation in Middletown, DE. Focus market would include all aircraft managed under NAVAIR. Singular focus make/models include MH-53 and MH-60 helicopters or other turbine aircraft. Candidate should possess strong sales skills and strong fixed wing knowledge as well as solid team skills.
Requirements for the Position:
- Develop a sales plan based on Summit Aviation objectives and focus areas, market analysis on assigned target aircraft.
- Research and identify new prospects for the assigned role, using FedBizOpps, GovWin or similar, and incorporate input from Maintenance, Avionics and Parts sales team.
- Organize sales trips to meet with prospects, and set specific objectives for each trip. Follow-up with customers and provide timely verbal/written summary of results/opportunities/issues with direct manager.
- Generate sales opportunities through face to face, verbal (telephone) and written communications with the existing and potential customer base for their airframe. Emphasis and objectives are based on airframe maintenance, avionics and modifications/upgrades.
- Maintains aircraft status and customer information files in CRM and/or other formats in order to identify and support the timely pursuit of opportunities and earn customer business.
- Manages territory sales pipeline in order to optimize hangar workload in-network facilities.
- Assists customers with budgeting and forecasting maintenance and modifications on aircraft.
- Assembles MRO work package/statement of work including items such as maintenance due list, aircraft technical baseline configuration, functionality/integration needs/features for new systems/installation in a manner that supports quoting requirements. Provides important input regarding the competitive situation, priorities of the customer, etc, which will assist in developing a customized proposal for that customer.
- And more…
Requirements for the Position:
- Grow the top line/gross profit in Government and Defense Aviation Services, in concert with Company profit objectives and strategy.
- Comply with all Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations, ITAR, and FCPA.
- Interact heavily with other operational contacts to ensure customer needs are met and we capitalize on all opportunities, including communications with Maintenance, Avionics, Scheduling, Purchasing, and Line Service.
- Analyze and control travel needs to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Track quotes and sales activities; prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume and potential opportunities.
- Negotiate terms and pricing with the customer with the goal of maximizing Gross Profit, while being competitive in the marketplace, and staying within assigned negotiation limits.
- Work effectively and proactively with Technical Services to ensure quotes are accurate, and skills/capabilities are present to handle the projects at hand.
- Collaborate with Avionics Sales and OTC Parts to maximize sales opportunities.
- Communicate with Program Managers to ensure labor resources are available for required work. Proactively collaborate with Scheduler and Service Managers as needed when challenges arise.
- Possess a solid understanding of aircraft maintenance, avionics and aftermarket upgrades in rotary wing aircraft.
- Attend sales meetings and scheduling meetings and proactively provide input to scheduling issues (understand how flexible some customers may be to alter schedules, brainstorm how to fill empty slots, etc).
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote services; execute trade show plans, handle details of trade show logistics.
- Assist Program Managers and Service Managers to rectify customer issues, create quotes, and understand product offerings.
- And more…
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing or aeronautical degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of fifteen years operational experience in Naval rotary wing maintenance services required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of naval aviation, maintenance, manufacturers, and DoD budgeting cycles.
- Possess an ability to work in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment while maintaining a high degree of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously: possess thorough organizational skills to ensure that all details of each ongoing project are followed through and managed correctly.
- Must have good working knowledge of MS Office including the creation of spreadsheets, quotes/customer letters, databases, and reports (Excel and MS Word). Experience or ability to thoroughly learn CRM software, such as ACT, Salesforce.com and Outlook are needed.
- Ability to work well with others in different departments, even when challenges arise (schedule, budget, etc).
- Must have excellent sales skills: specifically in quality prospecting and profitably closing customers. Active listening, consultative selling and finding solutions for customers are more important than aggressively talking about Summit Aviation.
- Should hold excellent initiative and judgment to make recommendations for improvements in our processes and product offerings. The individual will need to be assertive with vendors, and be able to effectively deal with demanding customers.
- Must be willing to undertake new responsibilities as business needs change.
- Presents self professionally and courteously with internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel to trade shows and maintain a professional presence while demonstrating product knowledge during the conversation with prospects, and demonstrate follow-through after the initial contact.
- A proven achiever with strong team-building and interpersonal communication skills. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing strong relationships with new and existing customers
To Apply For This Position:
CRM Administration Support
Responsible for customization, maintenance and support of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions at Greenwich AeroGroup and companies. Trains users and maximize CRM value at the point of sales. The position will work from the Wichita, Kan. office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Upload and upsert current and legacy data. Routinely conduct mass data cleansing.
- Mine data in complex database.
- Create and manage email and mail merge templates.
- Formulate and maintain various reports and dashboards.
- Create and modify list views.
- Create and modify standard and custom fields.
- Import and update campaign data.
- Respond to CRM user inquiries or reported problems in a timely fashion (Help Desk Support).
- Analyses software apps & add-ons to improve CRM functionality and efficiency
- Reports CRM program or other technical issues and assist in resolving them as applicable.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration and development of Salesforce.com work requests.
- Tracks CRM/SF.com program activities and milestones in order to meet objectives and report activities and results on a monthly basis.
- Maintains updated system documentation and Salesforce policies/procedures.
- Create and edit user roles & profiles.
- Maintain naming conventions of pick-lists, report folders, dashboards, etc. to improve system usability.
- Manages security settings and conduct regular security/configuration audits.
- Manage new user set-ups and deactivation, including transferring ownership of accounts/contacts/opportunities for deactivated users.
- Maintains training materials for users. Trains users.
- Perform data audits to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvements.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality on all documents, correspondence, research records, information, data, etc.
- Complies with all company rules, code of ethics and business practices.
- Attends and participates in various department and company meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College degree in Information Technology (preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and working with formulas in large spreadsheets.
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft Access.
- Salesforce or other CRM experience or accreditations a plus.
- Excellence in providing user support.
- Experience performing database cleanup and/or data migration.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users to define problems and present solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communication skills.
To Express Interest In This Position:
Please complete an online application by clicking here. In addition, upload a copy of your resume with a cover letter at the end of the application process.